1997 Pontiac Bonneville Key Fob Programming Instructions
- Close all doors
- Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position
- Locate the OBDII Port under drivers side dashboard.
Note port is wider at top: Your OBDII Port
will not have numbers, use this for reference.
- Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a
suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming
procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond
by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
- Close doors.
- Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
Doors will lock.
- Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to
be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and
unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
- Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
- Remove jumper wire applied to th OBDII Port.